Russia's new RD-191 developed by NPO Energomash for use in the future Angara rocket system is an acheivement that rocket scientists have been working on for years. The RD-191 is a RE-USEABLE liquid rocket motor that is versatile enough to be used on the 1st or 2nd stage. Fueled by kerosene and LOX, the engine features four combustion chambers fed by a single turbopump. NPO Energomash reports that the RD-191 is ready for mass production.
- SpaceX's Falcon 1 finally makes orbit
- China Sets Sights on the Moon
- Asteroid Protection Program
- On Orbit III
- Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter
- Carnival of Space!
- Ares PDR not as peachy as reported
- NASA clears hurdle on Soyuz
- On Orbit II
- Chinese Claim Em Drive Works
- Why Go to Space Pt V
- Get It from the Source
- On Orbit I
- NASA Eyes Nuclear Power for Moon Base
- Carnival of Space is Live
- Russia May Help Cuba Build Space Centre
- India's Moon Mission May Lift Off October 19
- Solar Power Satellite Proof of Concept
- Michael Griffin Speech
- Russia Looks to Take Lead in Commercial Launch Ser...
- Take the Sarah Palin!!
- NASA Conducts First Test On New Motor For The Ares...
- Carnival of Space
- He can't really be that dumb can he?
- The End of OPEC!
- McCain & Obama's Positions on Space Exploration
- NASA Teams With Lewis Center and Students Worldwid...
- Bush Administration's jihad to Retire the Shuttle
- Statement of Administration Policy
- Armageddon, starring Bruce Willis
- NASA Night Launch
- Why Go to Space Pt IV(a)
- Preparing to Rescue Hubble
- Why Go to Space Pt IV
- ▼ September (35)